Friday 30 March 2012

We're alive: the conclusion of...



the last phrase in this photo that I took of an unknown origin on the door of a random bathroom in a commune warehouse in London, I realized, could not be read, and i just figured out what it says:

[I DON'T WANT TO DIE
YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE
WE DON'T WANT TO DIE
THIS IS FEAR OF DEATH]


For the record, I pride myself in the declaration that I believe that I am not afraid of death. Is there a club I should join? Maybe I really am and I just don't know it because I haven't been as close; come to think of it, I was afraid when I once upon a time nearly died. I'm not sure how close I really was but I want to thank the angels for protecting me, and you, whoever you are, I am happy that you are reading my ghost blog.



Merleau-Ponty's Phenomenology of Perception

Merleau-Ponty concludes by defining freedom as a mode of consciousness in which personal actions and commitments can be chosen within a situation or field of possibility.

Freedom is always within a given field of possibility.

Freedom is always present in a situation, unless we lose our belonging to the situation.

Freedom is a mode of being-in-the-world which enables us to transcend ourselves.

No comments: